The GKMI is a readiness program for high-school students that promotes graduation from high school, while teaching life skills, expanding social development, and ensuring exposure and access to post-secondary options.
Staff for the high school program focuses on successful graduation and post-graduation planning and placement. Since 2009, the graduation rate has been 100%. After graduation, 20% gain employment, 40% study in vocational school and 40% enter college. This program addresses several important issues regarding teen development and potential barriers towards their success, by providing:
- SAT/ACT Readiness
- Career Readiness
- Post-Secondary Readiness
- P.R.E.P. (Preparing to Receive Educational Power) Speaker Series
- Summer Internships & Jobs
- Community Service
- College and Career Connection-Alumni Support
Recent outcomes of The Ginger Kaney Mentoring Institute include the following:
- 100% of the students visited at least 2 colleges or vocational / technical institutions
- 83% of the high school students participated in extracurricular activities including sports
- 86% of the high school students mastered the material and advanced to the next grade or graduated
- 100% of the high school seniors graduated
Agape is fully enrolled and operating at capacity in both the academic based after-school programs and the summer fitness programs. The students served by Agape are 90% Hispanic / Latino and 10% African American; 100% qualify for free or reduced price lunch in school.