Agape Youth & Family Center – Commitment to Donors
Effective March 26, 2020
Agape Youth & Family Center (“Agape”) is a local organization that empowers and supports underserved families within its community to discover, embrace, and achieve their full potential. Agape achieves this mission by providing academic support and family services focusing on character development, academic achievement, reading proficiency by third grade, successful high school graduation and post-graduation placement.
Agape Youth & Family Center Donor Policy
Agape believes in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that privacy is respected and protected for donors, all the children and families we serve, volunteers, and staff. We will use personal information to keep donors, friends, vendors, volunteers and alumni informed of our activities, including our programs, special events and funding needs. We respect all requests to remain anonymous. We will always provide an “opt-out” procedure for donors and others who receive such materials to request that their names be deleted from similar mailings, phone calls, faxes or electronic communications in the future. Donors, friends, volunteers and alumni may contact Agape at any time, and we will gladly accommodate your preferences. Individuals may choose to opt out of electronic communication including emails and faxes. Individuals may also request that their record be flagged as “Do Not Call.” Agape will honor all or a combination of these “opt out” preferences.
Collection of Data: Agape collects personal data through event registration, email subscription, online donation services, postal mail, wire transfer, phone and other electronic means. We only collect this information when users submit it voluntarily or through Agape’s website. If a user prefers not to submit such information online, they may contact Agape to determine an appropriate channel to transmit this information.
- We may collect a person’s first name, last name, email address, company, position, secondary email address, address, city, state, zip code, and phone numbers (home, work, or mobile). We may collect event-specific information pertaining to a person’s attendance, corporate affiliation, meal preferences and guests.
- We may collect the provided name and email of a spouse, contributor or foundation to facilitate the recognition for a gift. This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes.
2210 Marietta Boulevard NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone: (404) 355-1877
- Agape will maintain an electronic record in our database of all requests for discontinuance of contacts. Oral requests will be recorded in writing by Agape staff and will then be permanently recorded in the electronic donor database.
Storage of Data: Donor information is maintained in a password-protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
- Wire transfer information received and processed by Agape is stored in Raisers Edge. RE is a leading publisher of financial management and business operations software for nonprofits, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the public sector.
Sharing of Data: We respect our donors’ choices and control over their information. You, as a donor, may at any time have your name excluded from any donor list exchange activity. To ask that your name be excluded from list exchange activity or to otherwise change how Agape contacts you, please email us at email@example.com
- Annual Report: Agape may publish a list of the names of donors over a designated amount in its annual report. Options for anonymous giving and “opt-out” selections are available. Please contact Agape for these requests.
- Employee Giving: Some corporations support Agape through employee giving programs and campaigns. Generally these are managed by the corporation and are processed through payroll deductions. Agape seeks permission from the corporation and the individual employee before adding any employees to the Agape database. Agape may share cumulative giving totals with the partner but will not share individual donor/employee names.
- Employees may participate in matching gift programs with their employers. Matching gift requests are sent to the corporation for processing with the knowledge of the employee and the appropriate paperwork.
Agape expects vendors to uphold privacy guidelines. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. If data is shared, a Non-Disclosure Agreement will be entered into with the vendor.
- The PCI DSS is administered and managed by the PCI SSC (www.pcisecuritystandards.org), an independent body that was created by the major payment card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB). It is important to note that the payment brands and acquirers are responsible for enforcing compliance, not the PCI council.
- Efforts are made to protect card numbers at all times. Agape does not store credit card numbers, and credit card refunds are processed manually and under strict guidelines.
Changes to This Donor Policy
Agape may revise this Donor Policy at any time by updating this posting. Please consult this Donor Policy regularly.