Each Thursday during the school year, an Agape partner like yourself sponsors one weekend of fresh produce for 40 families we serve.
For many of these families, this weekly fresh produce program provides the only fresh produce they will have all week.
Agape recently entered a generous partnership with Royal Food Service, who has offered to provide and ship our full grocery list for only $200 per week ($570 value). This sponsorship provides an opportunity for you to support this program. For more information, see below.
To sponsor a Fresh Produce for Families for one or more weeks, there are two options:
- Please choose your week on Sign Up Genius for serving Agape.
- After sponsoring your week via secure payment, you are invited to meet your produce shipment on Thursday of your chosen week at:
Agape Youth and Family Center
- Located at: 2210 Marietta Boulevard NW, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Once you arrive, you and your team will help prepare the bags and meet the children. Each child will receive a bag as they leave that day.
- Sponsor a week of fresh produce for 40 families by donating $200 through our new partnership with Royal Food Service.
- You can make a secure payment of $200 per week that you sign up for here:
- Alternatively, you may mail a check payable to Agape at least one week prior to your visit. Address is: Agape, 2210 Marietta Boulevard NW, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30318.
- Optional: Bring 3-5 volunteers of any age to join Agape staff on that Thursday to fill the bags and distribute them to the children.
- If you are running late or need to cancel due to an emergency, please notify the Youth Program Coordinator, Alan Maxcy, at 404-697-5582 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call him to get into the building. Upon arrival, our staff will escort you to the room designated for sorting bags. All of your materials will be available, just simply show up!
Poor nutrition negatively affects the overall health of a child by impeding their behavioral and cognitive development, as well as their ability to perform in school and socialize effectively. Thank you for helping Agape teach our kids about healthy lifestyles and good nutrition; and that their community cares about them!
This program was started in 2012 by a generous grant from The Friedman Supporting Foundation through The Jewish Philanthropic Fund for Greater Atlanta.
Agape empowers and supports under-served families within its community to discover and embrace their full potential. Agape achieves this mission by providing academic support and family services focusing on character development, academic achievement, reading proficiency by third grade, successful high school graduation and post-graduation placement.